Friday, August 27, 2010

Getting real

Well nearly a week down in pre season, and feeling really good about it all. Task 2 for this week is about getting real and the excuses we make. I've been thinking about it long and hard about the excuses that I make in regards to exercise and healthy food choices. And was promptly hit with a few home truths. I realised there has been nothing stopping me from getting to where I want to be, for the last 3 years, it's the 'buts' that have stopped me. So I vow from this moment on, the word 'but' is no longer in my vocabulary. There will only be I will and I can.

Getting prepared for the challenge. Brought a couple of new gym outfits. Got them slightly smaller, so I have to lose weight and tone up, otherwise I won't be wearing them, ever. Also got a new MP3, my old one would hold 30 songs if it was lucky. So uploaded 110 songs to it today, would've done more, just ran out of time. Went to gym twice this week, 45 mins each time on the treadmill. So good to be back again. Geez my butt hurts though. Was interesting working the last 2 nights, with walking all the time. Am looking at getting a good pedometer, am interested to see how far I walk in an average shift. I feel like tonight, I've walked close to a marathon.

So off to a great start to the challenge. Food is getting better, and slowly getting into the exercise again. Next thing will be to get the dreaded bathers out for some before and after photos. I really need to do it, as I know that I'll lose weight,  and won't see it. Will think of myself as where I am now, even if it is 25 kg that I've lost.

Okay think I will sign off, feeling weary, need my beauty sleep.


Mel

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment